Book through your cruiseline prior to your cruise or
You may book onboard, but space may be limited… so book early!
Tour from Skagway
If your ship is visiting Skagway, your excursion will begin on the pier, where you will meet Paul, your River Adventures representative. Paul will brief you and prepare you for your excursion. You will be escorted to the fast ferry in the small boat harbor for your 45 minute narrated ferry to the port of Haines. (Skagway) Total tour time 6:30 hours.
The ferry is a very scenic and informative, comfortable ride to the port of Haines. Often times, whales, seals, bald eagles and even mountain goats are spotted along the way. The mountains that surround you reach heights of 5,000 to 6,000 feet. You will get a better perspective of just how tall the mountains are from this 150 passenger Catamaran ferry.
1) Meet time on the pier 30 minutes prior to the boat departure
2) Ferry ride from Skagway to Haines 45 minutes
3) At the Haines port, you will walk up a fairly steep ramp and down the pier to board your bus.
4) Narrated bus ride into the Bald Eagle Preserve and to the jet boat facility 30 minutes
5) River tour 1hr. 45min. through scenic, unspoiled wilderness, covering 25 miles of the braided Chilkat River
6) Meal time: Your meal may be served either before or after your river tour, meal time appropriate 30 minutes
7) Relaxation time: We have built in 15 minutes for you to view through high powered spotting scopes to look for mountain goats on the Takshanuk Mountain Range across from the dock. Visit with your fellow travelers or ask any of those burning questions of the staff or your Captain’s. Most common question asked “What’s it like to live here in the winter?” I guess you will have to take the tour to get the answer.